COVID 19 Update June 2021
I am now offering both in-person and online sessions.
- All counselling sessions last one hour and cost €70
- Stress-free private parking in Douglas, on 207 bus route from city centre (bus stops outside).
- I usually work Monday-Thursday – first appointment 9.30am, last appointment 6.30pm.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of appointment or non-attendance is chargeable at the full rate. Cancellations made prior to 24 hours before the arranged time will not be charged but do please give me as much notice as you can if you need to cancel/re-schedule your appointment.
My guarantee to you
To provide you with a safe space with complete confidentiality
To work with you in a way that suits your individual needs.
To measure your progress every step of the way.
To learn new skills that you can apply immediately to manage your stress.
What I need from you
It’s very important to approach counselling (and life in general) as an equal participant. In order to feel better and to get to where we want to be in life we have to engage – I recommend an approach based on the 3 “C”s!
- Commited (keep going no matter what)
- Consistent (work at it every day)
- Creative (look for new options and solutions)
My sessions with you will be all about encouraging self-reliance, confidence and lasting emotional health in a safe, confidential and supportive space. In the first session we decide whether we feel that we can work together and look at what your goals are. Some people find that a short term solution-focused approach (where we start from where you are now and focus on getting you to where you’d like to be in as few sessions as possible) is the right one for them. Others find that they need to take things more slowly and really look at things in depth. I use the most up to date, effective psychological techniques based on a modern understanding of the brain/mind/body system and what people really need to thrive and be happy.
At the start of our sessions I sometimes ask you complete some short questionnaires (ticking boxes) about how you have been feeling over the past week. The reason for this is that you can then look back and see clearly the progress that you have made over the weeks. If you are interested I have lots of hand-outs with useful tips about emotional health and lists of useful books and Internet resources, plus my own free audio relaxation CDs or downloadable mp3s. I will also note down and give you a list of any goals that you might have decided that you want to work on between sessions.
For more information on my counselling Cork services click here.
For more information about my Counselling Douglas services: click here.